NetSupport School focuses on teaching, assessment and collaboration in the classroom, but we also recognise that one key strand of classroom management is exactly that, “managing” the students and their devices, to maximise time spent on teaching.
- Power on or off and log in/log out all classroom computers from the teacher’s PC.
- Blank all students’ screens to gain attention and also lock their mice and keyboards.
- Automatically re-connect to students’ PCs if they are rebooted.
- Use layouts of students on teachers’ screens to match the layout of the physical classroom.
- Use individual teachers profiles to deliver the features needed by each teacher.
- Use a one-click “Request Assistance” option from the teacher’s toolbar if technical support is needed.
- Reset students’ system passwords without IT support.
- Flexible range of connection methods to student devices, including SIS integration via ClassLink OneRoster and Google Classroom.
Printer and device management
- Prevent students from printing in the classroom.
- Limit printer use by number of pages.
- Require teacher’s authorisation prior to printing.
- Prevent individual printers from being used.
- Display a real-time print indicator identifying which student is currently printing.
- Show the number of paused print jobs requiring the teacher’s attention.
- Prevent data being copied to or from USB storage and CDR/DVD devices.
- Prevent new network connections being created.
- Disable webcams on classroom devices.
- Request standard and custom information from each student at the start of the class.
- Print the student register, including a total of any rewards or print jobs completed during the lesson.
- Use customised icons for students.
Hand out and collect files
- Distribute files and folders from the tutor’s PC to multiple student devices.
- Transfer files to and from selected or multiple PCs in a single action.
- Hand out and automatically collect files with each student’s details appended.
- Real-time feedback tells the teacher which students’ files are ready for collection and which students need reminding.
Student information bar
- View lesson objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provides real-time lesson information such as the lesson title; time remaining; any rewards they have been given by the teacher.
- Request help from the teacher via the help button.
- Access their digital journal.
- Access their personal resources folder.
- Review what restrictions are currently in place i.e. internet, application, printing, USB memory sticks.
- NetSupport School also comes equipped with a Technicians’ Console to help the school IT team support users and manage devices across the school. IT technicians can perform powerful 1:1 PC Remote Control on any selected computer, capture screenshots, annotate the screen and provide direct technical assistance to any classroom teacher. And for comprehensive control, they can also apply school-wide settings such as internet and application restrictions that are ‘always on’.